Updated: September 1st, 2023
Personal Information Collected
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Information relating to any calls that you place via the Site, including when you placed the call, the length of the call, the participants on the call, and the content of the call (which may be recorded).
Automatic Information Collected
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically does include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block cookies, and set preferences for certain websites in your browser's settings. Please note you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site if you choose to block all cookies.
Third Party Advertising and Remarketing
Use of Personal Information
RentVision (and/or RentVision's third party partners) may use your Personal Information to perform the following activities on behalf of Apartment Dynamics:
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of informing you of rental availabilities and/or products or services available from RentVision, Apartment Dynamics, or their affiliates;
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of conducting market research, such as by requesting your opinion about current services or potential new services that may be offered;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To provide or deliver information, products, or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To perform statistical analysis, such as by analyzing the types of services users are interested in and websites and pages users visit.
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, third parties, visitors to our websites, or the public;
- In connection with a sale, merger, or consolidation of RentVision or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RentVision, LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by RentVision, LLC about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with legal obligations when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RentVision, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
California Resident's Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may apply to California residents whose Personal Information is collected by parties that meet other criteria. If the CCPA applies to us, California residents may request to know about Personal Information collected about them and request deletion of that Personal Information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, including without limitation, for Personal Information subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. If we are subject to the CCPA, you can learn more about these rights and our processes for consumer requests by contacting us using one of the methods listed below. If you exercise any of the rights afforded to you by the CCPA, we will continue to treat you fairly.
If the CCPA applies to us and to your information, you can submit a request to us for the following personal information we have collected:
- The categories of personal information we've collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared the personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information (if any) that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to which we sold that information, and the category or categories of personal information sold to each third party.
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request. Upon request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you that is covered by the CCPA, unless a relevant exception to the right to deletion applies.
State Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete we process their Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please write to us at the address below. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please send said request to the address below.
The General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), which became effective on May 25, 2018, creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to all companies that process data about individuals in the European Union. The GDPR imposes responsibilities on "data controllers" and "data processors." A company is a "data controller" when it has the responsibility of determining why and how personal data is processed. A company is a "data processor" when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. While Apartment Dynamics operates as a data controller, there are some instances in which RentVision operates as a data processor, particularly when working with customers and other third parties. To the extent RentVision acts as a data processor, RentVision is committed to complying with the GDPR's specific requirements for data processors and we will work with customers and to update any related privacy policies on other websites.
This Policy is designed to address only RentVision's data practices with respect to activities conducted by RentVision on its own behalf or through the Site. For those activities, RentVision acts as a data processor and may appoint service providers to act as data processor on its behalf, such as Google Analytics, and as further set forth herein. RentVision is committed to ensuring that it has appropriate terms in place with such partners so that both RentVision and the partners comply with their respective requirements under the GDPR.
Data controllers must have a legal basis to process your personal information. Apartment Dynamics's legal basis to process your information arises from Apartment Dynamics's need to use your information to provide you with the services and customer support and to advance Apartment Dynamics's other legitimate interests (including operating the Site, conducting direct and indirect marketing, etc.), as discussed more fully in this Policy. Apartment Dynamics also relies on your consent in some circumstances as the basis for processing your personal information.
If you are located in the European Union you may have certain rights under the GDPR. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a resident of the European Union and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
To the extent it is applicable, this policy is made under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. There are some rare exceptions to the commitments set out above.
For more general inquiries, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees the administration of the privacy legislation in the private sector. The Commissioner also acts as a kind of ombudsman for privacy disputes. The Information and Privacy Commissioner can be reached at:
Address: 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Toll-free: (800) 282-1376
Facsimile: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190
Data Retention Policy
Personal information that RentVision processes or enlists others to process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and in no event shall such information be kept for more than a reasonable period of time. However, RentVision will retain personal information beyond this time period to the extent it is required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to defend Apartment Dynamics's rights or property.
Security of Personal Information
RentVision takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and RentVision cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
RentVision takes special precautions to protect any information you provide pursuant to a rental application by encrypting the application before storing it in a database. In addition, your rental application information is stored in a database that is access controlled. See Section 2 for more information on who RentVision may grant access to your personal information.
Personal Information of Minors
Our Sites are not directed or intended for children under the age of 16. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. We may collect Personal Information of children under 16, provided by parents or guardians, in connection with the application and rental of a unit, or the provision of property management services. We do not sell the Personal Information of children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: 1001 S. 70th St., Suite 201, Lincoln, NE 68510.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. Please see California Resident's Rights for more information.
Changes to the Statement
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to the following address:
1001 S. 70th St., Suite 201
Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
To make a CCPA related request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 402-204-0465 or write to us at: 1001 S. 70th St., Suite 201, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510.